Who are we?
Sileni Studios is a young indie game studio from Antwerp, Belgium. We were founded in January 2012 by Karel Crombecq (programmer) and Hanne Maes (artist). We have previously released Castle Quest, a state-of-the-art HTML5 browser game, and Evo Dash, a mobile platforming game that evolves every 6 seconds to offer you unique new challenges.
We are currently working on Mayan Death Robots, a unique mix between a fighting game and Worms. You play an alien robot who lands in Mexico 1500 years ago during the height of the Maya civilization to blow the jungle to pieces and gather praise from the Mayans, who think their gods have descended from the heavens. Watch some recent gameplay footage from the game here:
We are looking for a badass all-round artist to join our team and help us take Sileni Studios to the next level! We believe this is a unique opportunity for you for the following reasons:
- Mayan Death Robots is quite far in development, which means you will be thrust into the fray right away. But as we are still only a 2-man team, you will be able to make a difference even this late in the project. And you’ll get to finish and release your first game with us pretty quickly!
- When we start on our next project, you will be there from the start. Which game are we going to make? We’ll figure that out together. Join us and we’ll make the game of our dreams!
- We have 100% creative freedom and financial stability, which is a very unique combination in the Belgian game industry indeed.
What are we looking for in a candidate?
- You must be an awesome all-round artist with extensive experience in concept art, game graphics and animation. Since we’re a small company, we really need someone who can do everything.
- You must have a fiery passion for video games. We breathe and live video games and we need someone who feels the same way!
- You will not only be artist, but also art director. You must be able to maintain a vision for the art-style of the game and be able to execute it.
- Experience with Flash and Unity is a big plus.
- Experience with website design and interface design is a plus.
Send your resume and portfolio to Karel@silenistudios.com and we’ll get in touch with you!
Until then enjoy these pictures, which give a 100% accurate impression of an average work day at Sileni Studios.